Cheyenne VA Medical Center
The staff at the Cheyenne VAMC have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
Patient Education Center
Our Patient Education Center is staffed by an experienced patient education librarian and program specialist. The center contains a collection of easy-to-read health and wellness books, respected health education newsletters, videos and other materials.
The Patient Education Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to —
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on —
- nutrition education
- weight reduction
- substance abuse
- congestive heart failure
- smoking cessation
Staff can tell you about upcoming education classes that are available.
Clinical staff begin the patient education process at the time of admission, during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients —
- continually receive updated health information
- are able to ask questions about their health
- can enjoy as comfortably as possible their stay in our facility